Liwa Desert Safari offers
Adventure Knocks at Your Door with Liwa Desert Safari
Have you heard about the desert of Rub ‘al Khali (Empty District)? This is the largest adjoining sand desert throughout the whole world. Rub ‘al Khali Desert that comprises Oman, some portions of Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates. This kind of tour happens to take you to the side of the United Arab Emirates ‘Rub’ al Khali that is called Liwa, the western region of Abu Dhabi. Traveling from Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Sharjah takes around 2.5 to 3 hours and guests are requested to be prepared for a long trip as Liwa Desert Safari offers. The trip is worth it as you continuously see a change of endless dunes. After your brief lunch, you will head towards the highest sand dune in the world, Tel Moreeb, which is more than 300 meters away. Liwa Desert Safari offers expert with guide who will make a dune unit in the dune and also prepare an Arabic seat so you can witness the incredible sunset in the desert. After sunset, your guide will prepare a live Arab barbecue and a fire born (during the winter), before leaving you can enjoy the desert with stargazing.
- Dune Bashing on the tallest sand dune in the world – Tel Moreeb
- Sunset sunset on the tallest sand dune in the world – Tel Moreeb
- 4×4 transfer from Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah city hotels and city points
- Visit Liwa Green Oasis – Vegetable farms and dates
- Quick visit to the fortress of Qutuf
- Visit to the Liwa camel farm – Majahim camels (dark skinned)
Departure and return
Passenger pick-up is included
Liwa Desert Safari offers pick up guests and the local residence of the city’s hotels in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Sharjah. We also adapt to the area of local residents where you can enter our land cruise. Pickups are not allowed in the city center of Dubai and at certain airports, and guests will be asked to meet us at the nearest location. The pick-up service is only available in hotels and residences in the city. The Liwa Desert Safari offers modified schedule during Ramadan and shows and alcohol will not be available.
What to expect
Stop at: The Empty Quarter
The world’s largest uninterrupted sand dunes, the Rub Al Khali (Empty Quarter) will take your breath away with huge expanses of desert and huge dunes.
Duration: 120 minutes
Stop at: Qutuf Fort
Qutuf Fort is located in the area known as the Liwa oasis, in the emirate of Abu Dhabi, it is a small fortress and a brief visit will be made during your trip.
Duration: 15 minutes
Goes through: Moreeb dune
Tal Moreeb or Moreeb Dune happens to be a large sand dune situated in Liwa Oasis in the desert of the Empty District in the UAE. The dune is popular for organized drag racing competitions. With a sliding surface of 50 degrees, and a height of 321 meters, Moreeb Hill is the tallest dune in the United Arab Emirates and one of the largest hill ladders in the world.
Duration: 60 minutes
Stop at: Liwa Oasis
Incredible oasis of Liwa oasis, that stretch for almost 100 km. Explore the farm dates, green houses are scattered in the area of Liwa.
Duration: 30 minutes
Hotel pick up
This Liwa Desert Safari offers a collection point at the hotel. Note: if you make the reservation within 24 hours before the departure time of the tour or activity, the hotel pick-up service is not guaranteed. Once your purchase is finished, you will get the complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) of our local operator to organize the pick-up service.
- Confirmation will be received when the reservation is made
- It is not adapted for people in wheelchairs
- Child seats or chairs available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant women.
- Not suitable for travelers with heart conditions or other serious medical problems
- Most travelers can participate in the experience
- Those who do not like the long journey
- Liwa Desert Safari offers activity of 15 travelers maximum
If you want the full amount to be refunded, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the activity start date.