The Best Guide to Lake Toba, Indonesia
Before we speak about the best way to visit Lake Toba, North Sumatra-Indonesia, let us go through briefly on which Lake Toba is about. The enchanting and huge Lake Toba holds stunning views of its own encompassing. Visitors worldwide visit Medan to capture a glimpse of Lake Toba and its own primary jewel sitting directly in its heart, Samosir Island. The lake has recently enjoyed a long history since its creation because of a violent ancient volcano.
The Way to visit Lake Toba Medan
Now let us get to the most important question to a few of the primary attractions in Indonesia, “The best way to visit Lake Toba?”. Here are a couple of Approaches and choices:
● Kualanamu International Airport
If you are coming directly from Malaysia or even Singapore, you will initially fly to Medan’s Kualanamu International airport.
- Taxi & Bus – In the airport, have a cab to Amplas Bus Terminal from Medan town. Within there, take a few of the subsequent public buses: Sentosa, both ALS, and also Sejatera into Parapat city.
- Auto – You can take a cab from the airport into Parapat however, it will cost you a long time. The journey may take you everywhere between 4-5 hours per day.
- Local travel service – Proceed to Medan town, find a nearby travel agency and then organize for a transport/tour.
- Rental car with driver – Even the convenient and cost-effective arrangement is to prepare beforehand before leaving your own home nation. The first choice is to book a personal car rental using a driver out of Kuala Namu International Airport or Medan into Lake Toba.
- Personal tour with driver & guide – The most significant and most extensive option is to reserve a personal tour covering Lake Toba, Samosir Island, Medan, Parapat, and Berastagi.
● Silangit International Airport
If you would like to spend hours traveling from Medan on Parapat, at this point, you have the choice to fly to Silangit International Airport at Siborong-Borong.
Despite its title, it’s mostly still a national airport. As soon as you arrive at Silangit Airport, you can take a cab to Parapat. The travel should take you about 1.5 hours along the cab fare will be IDR 350,000.
When to visit Lake Toba Medan
There are two great times to stop by Lake Toba. The first is between September and November (The Lake Toba Festival). This festival includes dragon boat racing, sporting events, music, art shows featuring local artists, and so much more. It is a time of fun, partying and also making new friends.
If you would instead steer clear of the crowds, then another ideal time to select between May and September. These months are a part of this dry season at which you’ll have the ability to catch the best pictures of Samosir Coast and Lake Toba.
Things to do in Lake Toba Medan
The number one reason people flock to Lake Toba is for its rare, vast, and also magnificent views. At the same time that you’ll be in awe of what nature offers, you may feel really insignificant in the face of imperial Lake Toba. These are the best things to do in Lake Toba to make your visit a complete one:
- Stay at one of those Parapat resorts that overlook the imposing lake and its surrounding mountains.
- Another component that brings visitors to Lake Toba is the Batak people and their civilization. Known for their cuisine and friendliness, the Batak people consistently welcome visitors with open arms. You might choose to rush as the exceptional Batak food is shifting because of dietary constraints in Indonesia.
- The most important highlight of a visit to Lake Toba must be a 1-hour ferry trip to Samosir Island that sits in the middle of this lake. On the island, you may go to Batak cities (Tomok), Batak traditional houses, and the tombs of previous Batak championships (Sidabutar).
Before you plan a trip to Lake Toba, be sure to read more about Lake Toba and Indonesia by visiting Wonderful Indonesia.