Top 8 Luxurious Resorts in Maldives
Truly a postcard destination, the tropical palm-lined white sand beaches of Maldives surrounded by turquoise waters and quaint coral atolls draw tourists from all over the world each year. Ramping up the experience even further are the opulent resorts that promise the most memorable vacation of your life.
If you wish to experience the core essence of Maldives, we suggest checking into a water villa. Browse through our portfolio of Maldives all inclusive vacations at OV Holidays for the best deals on accommodation. With that being said, here is a list of the top 8 most luxurious resorts in Maldives.
- Soneva Jani – Situated in the Noonu Atoll amidst pristine beaches, Soneva Jani is surrounded by a lagoon with uninterrupted views of the vast Indian Ocean. The resort has 24 water villas, each with their private lap pool that opens up into the lagoon. The highlight of the resort is the retractable roof over the master bedroom for patrons to stargaze right from the bed.
- Soneva Fushi – Located on the Kunfunadhoo island in Baa Atoll, Soneva Fushi is set in the middle of a UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve. Exploring the island’s rich vegetation is a unique experience while the highlight of the resort is the numerous fairytale-like luxury villas, and multi-bedroom cottages tucked away in greenery.
- Six Senses Laamu – The palm-fringed paradise resort has 97 sustainable Maldivian villas set in the midst of lush tropical vegetation and over the azure waters of the Indian Ocean. Maldives’ most famous surf wave, the Yin Yang breaks close to shore while the nearby beginner waves are a great place for amateur surfing.
- Park Hyatt Hadahaa – Hyatt’s only 5-star property in Maldives, Park Hyatt offers the best of the country’s raw beauty blended with luxury. The resort’s accommodations are nestled within the lush green foliage of the tropical forest, while the ocean villas offer an unparallel view of the Indian Ocean through the glass doors that lead out to a private deck looking over the water.
- Maalifushi by COMO- The only luxury resort on the Thaa Atoll, Maalifushi by COMO is nestled in the southern corner of the island. The island is a haven for divers and surfers, and is a popular hub for spotting whale sharks and manta rays. The resort is famous for its focus on health, and the array of tasty spa cuisine from the famous COMO Shambhala Retreat.
- Velaa Private Island – Situated in Noonu Atoll, Velaa Private Island is designed to highlight the unique archipelago that it sits on. The atoll is a natural breeding ground for sea turtles, which the resort preserves. There are 45 private villas within the property, each serviced by an experienced butler. The resort offers a truly personalized experience, with impeccable attention to detail.
- Cheval Blanc Randheli – Also located on the Noonu Atoll, Cheval Blanc is built on a cluster of tiny islands surrounded by a coral reef that is home to multiple varieties of colorful fish, turtles, and other marine life. The theme of the resort revolves around simplicity and this is evident from the neutral hues and minimalist décor used in all 46 villas.
- One & Only Reethi Rah – Popular known as the Grand Dame of the Maldivian archipelago, One & Only is surrounded by 6 km of pristine coastline. All 130 villas inside the property are cozily tucked away in private nooks and crannies giving patrons the feel of exclusivity. The resort serves some of the finest cuisines from around the globe and the staff is trained to address every minor request that patrons might have.